Women's Fund Grantee 2014
Executive Director Lois Pozega speaks about Family Promise and being a Women's Fund Grantee.
Family Promise National
Since its inception in 1986, The National Family Promise Network Program has:
- Established and supported 124 Family Promise/Interfaith Hospitality Network affiliates (136 Network programs) in 39 states and the District of Columbia, and is currently developing 53 others across the United States.
- Enabled over 4,500 congregations of all denominations to work together in outreach ministry each year.
- Enabled over 110,000 people to volunteer in Network programs annually.
- Provided shelter, meals, and comprehensive assistance to over 15,000 homeless family members in 2003, 60% of who are children and one half of those were age 6 or younger.
- Helped approximately 70+% of the guest families find permanent housing.
- Assisted more than 6,000 adults in job search or job training programs annually.
- Received the 1988 New Jersey Pride Award in Social Services from then Governor Kean.
- Received the 1988 Presidents Annual Points of Light Award, the country's highest recognition for volunteerism. Family Promise was one of the 21 recipients from over 4,500 nominees.
- Selected by the United Stated Information Agency as a model program to represent American volunteerism to representatives from 12 foreign countries.
- Demonstrated through its many thousands of volunteers that Americans do care about the homeless. Family Promise gives people who want to help, a way to help.
The Lorain County Family Promise IHN is pleased to be affiliated with such a wonderful program.