Contact us today if you are interested in volunteering on any of the following committees:
- Assesses the board's membership needs
- Cultivates, interviews, and recommends candidates to the board at annual election and through the year to fill vacancies
- Recommends slate of officers for annual election
- Maintains accurate information on board members and keeps current board list
- Develops board notebooks and keeps information up to date
- Plans and conducts orientation for new board members
- Assesses needs for board training and seeks opportunities for continued board development
- The committee should meet immediately after each annual meeting to begin its work for the next year.
- Works with Network director to draft annual budget; submits budget recommendations to board
- Recommends financial and investment policies
- Ensures that bookkeeping, banking, and accounting responsibilities are competently handled
- Provides regular financial reports to the board
- Works with Development Committee to ensure that budget goals are also realistic fundraising goals
- Recommends and works with accounting firm to perform annual audit
- Ensures that financial reports are submitted to appropriate entities in a timely manner (for example, IRS Form 990, employee tax reports)
- The treasurer chairs the Finance Committee. It's helpful to have at least one member who has accounting experience.
- Plans, supports, monitors, and evaluates Network's fundraising program. Develops annual and long-term goals
- Enlists the support of all trustees in three key activities:
- Personally contributing to the Network
- Reaching potential donors through business, personal contacts
- Participating in fundraising activities
- Maintains up-to-date donor list
- Cultivates individual donors
- Reports to full board at each board meeting
- The Committee's job is to develop fundraising plans, enlist the full participation of the board, and ensure that fundraising goals are met.
- Develops, regularly reviews, and recommends personnel policies
- Recommends salary ranges, salary adjustment rates, and benefits for all staff positions
- Reviews Network director's job description annually to ensure that it remains current
- Recommends new staff positions
- Identifies and creates opportunities for staff development
- At least one member of the Personnel Committee should have experience in Human Resources. The Network director hires, supervises and evaluates other staff members.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- Develops and implements a public relations plan to enhance the image and visibility of IHN in the community
- Keeps updated lists of personnel in all appropriate media, including print (newspapers, magazines), radio, and television
- Submits press releases and other information to press on regular basis
- Develops a Speaker's Bureau and ensures that those speaking on behalf of Network (trustees, other volunteers, former guests) have correct information to present publicly
- Regularly reviews Network's brochure and other community relations pieces to ensure up-to-date, well-presented information
- Keeps Family Promise informed of success stories and events suitable for publication in Family Promise's newsletter and other publications
- At least one member of the committee should have public relations experience.
CONGREGATIONAL RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- On an ongoing basis assesses the health of the relationship between the Board/ staff and the congregations
- Meets with clergy on a regular basis to ensure that the relationship between Family Promise and the congregations remains healthy.
- Together with the Director, arranges to speak at congregations several times/year, to provide information on program successes and Family Promise activities.
- Works with the Fund Development Committee to engage congregations in providing financial donations to Family Promise
- Recruits new host and support congregations
- Maintains records on contacts with congregations relative to hosting and other involvement in Family Promise activities
- Works with the Director to plan congregational appreciation events, such as Volunteer Appreciation dinners, Clergy Breakfasts, and so on.
- Assists the Director in engaging congregation members in additional program activities, such as Mentoring, Transitional Housing, and so on.